I have been tagged by Laura over at the (not so) Urban Hennery. Here are the rules:
Six Random Things (about me):
This is difficult for me because I feel like I drop random tidbits about myself here and there in my posts. So hopefully I won’t repeat myself too much.
1. I was a tomboy growing up. And I still feel like one inside. I don’t get why puberty had to put an end to boys and girls being friends, but somehow it did. Luckily I married a guy with wonderful guy friends, so I can sort of feel like I still have a boy crew.
2. My best karaoke performances include David Bowie’s Space Oddity and Paul Simon’s You Can Call Me Al. I think I could also sing a good Johnny Cash’s “Folsom Blues”.
3. A few years ago I was sitting in my mom’s lawn and started pulling weeds. Unknown to me, she had just sprayed Round-Up earlier the day before. My arms and hands had skin peeling off and were purple, with blisters upon blisters. It took about 2-3 months for them to completely heal and the discoloration to fade. I didn’t freak out once about the thought that my arms could very well be permanently scarred. I figured I had no control over that, so I didn’t sweat it. My mom felt awful.
4. I really want a huge, ancient Chinese dragon tattoo on my arm in red ink. I doubt I will have the balls to do that, since when all is said and done I would have a giant dragon on my arm.
5. I am a huge Tolkien fan. I try to read The Hobbit or the Lord of the Rings every winter. I would love to live in a warm hobbit hole. At our wedding, when we walked down the aisle after the ceremony, the cellist played the reoccurring song from the LOTR movie because to us it meant a happy-ending.
That covered the “random” bit quite well, don’t you think? Thank you Laura! I love your blog and thank you for tagging me. Sadly, I am going to break the rule of tagging six other people because I don’t think I know enough that would participate. But you can all feel free to share your six random things in the comments!